Cancellation of Removal

Certain people who have lived in the United States either as a Permanent Resident or without status but have been here long enough can apply to the court to “cancel” their deportation case and award them status in the United States. If you or your loved one has been present in the United States for seven years as a resident or ten years but without status, they may qualify for this important defense and may be able to stay safely inside the United States.